Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this with slices of bread or crackers
- 1⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb skinless chicken legs
- 1⁄2 lb pork, minced
- 1⁄2 lb veal, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 slices lemons
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut chicken breasts into very thin strips and set aside.
- Remove meat from chicken legs and chop very finely.
- Combine meat from chicken legs with pork and veal.
- Sauté onion in butter until soft but not brown.
- Add onion, parsley, salt, thyme, allspice, lots of pepper, and egg to meat mixture and stir well.
- Pack half of the meat mixture into an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan, top with the strips of chicken and then cover with the remaining meat mixture.
- Arrange lemon slices on top and cover with foil.
- Place loaf pan in a large baking dish with once inch water.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours.
- When done baking, remove foil and pour off fat.
- Remove lemon slices.
- Cover with fresh foil and place a weight on top.
- Chill over night in refrigerator.