Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This simple tasty recipe is from the American Heart Association. Feel free to add/delete or substitute any veggies that you'd like.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper oil
- 6 chicken breasts
- 16 mixed mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 4 medium onions, 8 wedges each
- 16 skewers
- Combine first 6 ingredients in shallow glass bowl.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Slice lengthwise.
- Wipe mushrooms with a clean, damp cloth.
- Place chicken, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes and onions in prepared mixture.
- Stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate approximately 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade.
- Alternate chicken and vegetable pieces on skewers.
- Lay on broiler pan and broil 4 inches away from heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn over and broil an additional 3 minutes.
Made this last night for dinner and we really enjoyed the chicken and veggies. I did do things a little differently, as I am lazy, I just used skinless bone-in chicken breast which I left them whole. I cut up some onions and redbell peppers for the veggies and then cooked all on the grill. I served it with rice, green beans and rolls. The only other thing I changed was to use only 3 1/2 tbsps of brown sugar, didn't want it super sweet and didn't have the hot pepper oil so added a few drops of hot sauce. I planned to get a photo but as soon as they were about done, we had a huge thunderstorm. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.