Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade 20 Minute Meals
- 6 ounces somen noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (6 ounce) bag broccoli
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Cook noodles for 3 minute in boiling water. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 7 minutes or until cooked through while stirring.
- Partially cook the broccoli according to package directions.
- Add broccoli, carrots, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth, and garlic to skillet.Stir to combine; simmer over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles and toss to combine.
This was a quick and easy, flavorful recipe. I'm not sure what somen noodles are; I found something called Hang's Noodles, which sort of looked like linguine. I used the entire 13 oz. package, which was fine, because there was a lot of sauce. The only complaint I had about this recipe was the sauce - it was too thin and never thickened up. I ended up mixing some cornstarch in water and adding it to the simmering chicken and veggies to help it along. Otherwise, it would have been soupy. Made for Spring PAC 2012.