This is one of my favorite meals.
Make and share this Chicken Teriyaki with Cashew Pineapple Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing (I use fat free)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast
- cooked rice (4 servings)
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup cashew pieces
- various cooked vegetables, your choice
- Mix the first 7 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cool; divide in half.
- Use half to marinade 1-1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast or chicken breast tenders over night. Refrigerate other half to be used later.
- Prepare white rice for 4 people, as instructed on bag.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill or broil chicken while rice is cooking.
- Stir can of crushed pineapple (drained) and about 3/4 cup of cashew pieces into cooked rice.
- Reheat other half of marinade. Serve grilled chicken over rice mixture with sauce. Also serve any type oriental vegetables you desire (I recommend snowpeas, water chestnuts, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.)
- My husband isn't crazy about pineapple so I've started serving it separate from the rice. That way I can add it but he doesn't have to.