1/4 Photos of Chicken Teriyaki with Cashew Pineapple Rice
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
This is one of my favorite meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (I use fat free)
- 1 -1 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast
- cooked rice (4 servings)
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup cashew pieces
- various cooked vegetables, your choice
- 1Mix the first 7 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 2Cool; divide in half.
- 3Use half to marinade 1-1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast or chicken breast tenders over night. Refrigerate other half to be used later.
- 4Prepare white rice for 4 people, as instructed on bag.
- 5Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill or broil chicken while rice is cooking.
- 6Stir can of crushed pineapple (drained) and about 3/4 cup of cashew pieces into cooked rice.
- 7Reheat other half of marinade. Serve grilled chicken over rice mixture with sauce. Also serve any type oriental vegetables you desire (I recommend snowpeas, water chestnuts, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.)
- 8My husband isn't crazy about pineapple so I've started serving it separate from the rice. That way I can add it but he doesn't have to.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Teriyaki with Cashew Pineapple Rice
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.3
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 3502.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 32.3 g