1/4 Photos of Chicken Teriyaki with Cashew Pineapple Rice
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
This is one of my favorite meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (I use fat free)
- 1 -1 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast
- cooked rice (4 servings)
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup cashew pieces
- various cooked vegetables, your choice
- 1Mix the first 7 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 2Cool; divide in half.
- 3Use half to marinade 1-1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast or chicken breast tenders over night. Refrigerate other half to be used later.
- 4Prepare white rice for 4 people, as instructed on bag.
- 5Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill or broil chicken while rice is cooking.
- 6Stir can of crushed pineapple (drained) and about 3/4 cup of cashew pieces into cooked rice.
- 7Reheat other half of marinade. Serve grilled chicken over rice mixture with sauce. Also serve any type oriental vegetables you desire (I recommend snowpeas, water chestnuts, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.)
- 8My husband isn't crazy about pineapple so I've started serving it separate from the rice. That way I can add it but he doesn't have to.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Teriyaki with Cashew Pineapple Rice
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.3
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 3502.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 32.3 g