Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite meals.
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing (I use fat free)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast
- cooked rice (4 servings)
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup cashew pieces
- various cooked vegetables, your choice
- Mix the first 7 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cool; divide in half.
- Use half to marinade 1-1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast or chicken breast tenders over night. Refrigerate other half to be used later.
- Prepare white rice for 4 people, as instructed on bag.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill or broil chicken while rice is cooking.
- Stir can of crushed pineapple (drained) and about 3/4 cup of cashew pieces into cooked rice.
- Reheat other half of marinade. Serve grilled chicken over rice mixture with sauce. Also serve any type oriental vegetables you desire (I recommend snowpeas, water chestnuts, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.)
- My husband isn't crazy about pineapple so I've started serving it separate from the rice. That way I can add it but he doesn't have to.
Sodium content is over the top!!
Great recipe! It took some doing as I had to make teriyaki sauce first then proceed with the recipe. Marinated it for 6 hours but was quick from there. Loved that you can add all the veggies you like but goes great with the pineapple, cashew rice and chicken.
This was very good and so easy to make. I used leftover chicken, which made this even easier. I marinated the cooked chicken in some the sauce for a few minutes while I was making the rice and stir-frying the vegetables. Then I added the chicken to the vegetables to heat through, and then served it over the rice. I especially liked the pineapple rice.