Recipe by DrGaellon
Chicken thighs in an Asian marinade, served with rice noodles and sugar snap peas. From Nigella Kitchen 1x04 "Kitchen Tourist" http://bit.ly/i2uCNq
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 3⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 3⁄4 lb rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap pea
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-reactive dish, stir together sake, mirin, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and sesame oil. Add chicken pieces, toss, cover with plastic, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add noodles to salted boiling water and cook until done (they should be fully soft, not al dente like Italian pasta).
- While noodles cook, heat peanut oil in wok or large skillet over medium flame. Remove chicken from marinade and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add marinade, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas to noodles.
- Transfer chicken pieces to a large piece of foil and fold to seal inches Turn up flame under sauce until it thickens to a glaze. Add chicken back to pan (with any accumulated juices) and toss to coat.
- Drain noodles and peas, and transfer to a serving dish. Pour chicken over the top.