Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Reserve America. This recipe is good for the first couple of days on the trail. It is also a good fixed camp recipe that can be made in large quantities by changing the ingredients. Remember to protect the items like peppers in a large plastic container that can be squished.
- 8 cups of instant Minute Rice
- 24 ounces white chicken meat, chunks (4 cans)
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 6 ounces small can mushrooms, drained (small can)
- 10 ounces pineapple chunks, drained (medium can)
- 6 (8 ounce) bottles teriyaki sauce or 6 (8 ounce) bottles teriyaki marinade
- 1 -2 small carrot
- cooking oil
- Slice onions and peppers into thin strips.
- Cut in half if too long. Slice carrots into very thin slices.
- Boil 8 cups (2 qts) of water in a large pot. Add the instant rice and stir to wet all rice. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for five to six minutes until all water is absorbed. Fluff with fork or spoon.
- In different large pot or skillet, heat a couple of ounces of vegetable oil. Add sliced peppers, onion and carrots. Sauté with medium - hot heat until onion starts to become transparent. Add chicken with juice, mushrooms. Add teriyaki sauce to flavor and sauté until chicken is hot through and mixture is steaming. Stir as needed.
- Add chicken and vegetables mixture to rice, stir to combine and serve.
- Can also be served as bed of rice with chicken/vegetables over top and with extra sauce available.