Recipe by Mysterygirl
I got this recipe about 20 years ago. We still love it.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
I thought this tasted very good! This was very easy to prepare and it was enjoyed by all. The marinade is very flavorful, although there was not enough of it left over to drain and reserve for making the sauce at the end - almost every drop had soaked into the chicken. Still, I proceeded with the recipe and simply skipped the part where you mix some water and cornstarch with the drained marinade for a sauce. I think an easy solution would be to make up an extra batch of marinade to use for the sauce. I didn't miss the extra bit of sauce - the marinade had penetrated every bit of the chicken, making it very moist and flavorful. The only change I made was to use a red bell pepper instead of green just to brighten up the color a bit. All in all, I thought this was a very tasty dish.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 green pepper, in strips
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Teriyaki sauce, water, ginger, onion and garlic powder to a boil.
- Cook for 2 Minutes.
- Let cool and pour over chicken.
- Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain Chicken reserving the marinade.
- Heat wok and add oil.
- Add chicken stirring quickly to cook.
- About 5-7 minutes.
- Add vegetables, cooking until desired crispness.
- Place chicken and vegetables on a platter.
- Pour marinade into wok and heat to boil.
- Mix cornstarch with 2-3 Tbsp cold water.
- Slowly add to marinade.
- Heat until thickened.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Serve with rice.
- Variation: Substitute lean beef for chicken.