Recipe by * Pamela *
From Reader's Digest July 2006
Top Review by Laurawombat Garcia
I made this with 2 tablespoon yellow onions, as I had no green ones. Also I used 2 tablespoons Spaghetti sauce instead of ketchup. The smell wafting from the oven is delicious. I know its going to be great. I agree with the less honey idea.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh is best
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large ziploc bag and marinate for at least and hour or up to 24 hours.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Spoon remaining sauce over chicken and serve.
- Thes recipe also works great on the BBQ. Grill over mediumheat for about 10-15 minutes, flipping occasionally until chicken is cooked through.
- For OAMC: freeze after step one. Defrost overnight in fridge and then bake as directed in step 2.