1/1 Photo of Chicken Tequila Sunrise
Cream Puff's Note:
Not your 'typical' tequila-chicken recipe. This recipe uses bone-in chicken pieces and is baked in the oven - no marinating! You will love the succulent, juicy taste of this chicken - and the ease of preparation. NOTE: Please use bone-in chicken pieces as you won't have the same delicious results with boneless, skinless chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs frying chicken, cut up (or your own favorite bone-in chicken pieces)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Spray a shallow baking pan (with sides) large enough to accommodate the chicken in a single layer with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Place unseasoned chicken pieces, skin-side up, in baking pan; place pan in preheated oven for 25 minutes to crisp skin and melt fat.
- 4Remove from oven and pour off fat.
- 5Place onion slices under chicken pieces.
- 6Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- 7Return to oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and crisp, and liquid thickens.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tequila Sunrise
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.5
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 170.2 mg
- Sodium 743.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 43.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: