1/1 Photo of Chicken Tequila Sunrise
Cream Puff's Note:
Not your 'typical' tequila-chicken recipe. This recipe uses bone-in chicken pieces and is baked in the oven - no marinating! You will love the succulent, juicy taste of this chicken - and the ease of preparation. NOTE: Please use bone-in chicken pieces as you won't have the same delicious results with boneless, skinless chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs frying chicken, cut up (or your own favorite bone-in chicken pieces)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Spray a shallow baking pan (with sides) large enough to accommodate the chicken in a single layer with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Place unseasoned chicken pieces, skin-side up, in baking pan; place pan in preheated oven for 25 minutes to crisp skin and melt fat.
- 4Remove from oven and pour off fat.
- 5Place onion slices under chicken pieces.
- 6Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- 7Return to oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and crisp, and liquid thickens.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tequila Sunrise
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.5
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 170.2 mg
- Sodium 743.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 43.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: