1/6 Photos of Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
This is one of those special occasion recipes. It looks and tastes wonderful. It was created and shared by a local Houston restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g dry spinach fettuccine (or 2 pounds fresh)
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro (2 Tbls. reserved for garnish)
- 29.58 ml minced fresh garlic
- 29.58 ml minced jalapeno peppers (seeds and veins may be eliminated if milder flavor is desired)
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml gold tequila
- 29.58 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 566.99 g chicken breasts, diced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 0 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 354.88 ml heavy cream
- 1Prepare rapidly boiling, salted water to cook pasta; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes for dry pasta, approximately 3 minutes for fresh.
- 2Pasta may be cooked slightly ahead of time, rinsed and oiled and then reheated by dipping into boiling water or cooked to coincide with the finishing of the sauce/topping.
- 3Cook 1/3 cup cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons melted butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Add stock, tequila and lime juice.
- 5Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste-like consistency; set aside.
- 6Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally, with remaining butter over medium heat.
- 8When the vegetables have softened, add chicken and soy sauce; toss and add reserved tequila/lime paste and cream.
- 9Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (about 3 minutes).
- 10When the sauce is done, toss with well-drained spinach fettucine and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1001.0
- Calories from Fat 519
- Total Fat 57.7 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 319.7 mg
- Sodium 955.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 47.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: