Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A flavorful chicken tender recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika or 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded,chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded,minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix cilantro, cumin, paprika, salt and 1/2 the lime juice in small bowl.
- Coat chicken with mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken.
- Cook until lightly browned on one side, about 2 minutes; turn.
- Cook to brown other side.
- Remove chicken to baking pan; place in oven to finish cooking, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add onion, red pepper and jalapeño to same skillet over high heat.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add rice and ground red pepper.
- Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Pour in broth.
- Heat to boil.
- Cover; cook until rice is tender, 15 minutes Transfer rice to serving platter.
- Top with chicken.
- Drizzle with remaining lime juice.
Really tasty. Mine wasn't very spicy, but I find Jalapeno's vary greatly. I also guess they meant Cayenne pepper when the recipe says red pepper, so that also contributed to its lack of fire. That said, my family prefers it not too hot, so I was the only one disappointed. Everybody loved it.
Great recipe! I had chicken tenders in the fridge and was thinking at work during the day about something interesting I could do with them. So I searched 'zaar and found this recipe. Definitely a winner. Baking the chicken tender made them so much more moist than when I typically saute them until done. I was able to throw this together in about 40 minutes. Thanks !
We LOVE spicy food- my husband DEVOURED it!! The rice and the chicken complimented each other VERY well- thx for posting!! My changes: I had no red bell peppers, I used 1/2 tsp both hot paprika AND 1/2 mild paprika, I did not remove the seeds from the jalepeno, I used a vidallia onion instead (what I had on hand), and jasmine rice. The chicken was VERY tender but I had to cook it for another 15 min. in the oven on 350, top shelf.