Recipe by PanNan
A flavorful chicken tender recipe.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
So simple and full of flavor but not overly spicy. The thing I did a little different was instead of finishing off the chicken in the oven, I just placed them back on top of the rice when it was cooking and let it finish off there. Loved the flavor infused into the chicken plus only one pan to wash, a win-win for me.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika or 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded,chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded,minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix cilantro, cumin, paprika, salt and 1/2 the lime juice in small bowl.
- Coat chicken with mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken.
- Cook until lightly browned on one side, about 2 minutes; turn.
- Cook to brown other side.
- Remove chicken to baking pan; place in oven to finish cooking, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add onion, red pepper and jalapeño to same skillet over high heat.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add rice and ground red pepper.
- Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Pour in broth.
- Heat to boil.
- Cover; cook until rice is tender, 15 minutes Transfer rice to serving platter.
- Top with chicken.
- Drizzle with remaining lime juice.