A flavorful chicken tender recipe.
Make and share this Chicken Tenders With Spicy Rice and Red Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika or 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded,chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded,minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix cilantro, cumin, paprika, salt and 1/2 the lime juice in small bowl.
- Coat chicken with mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken.
- Cook until lightly browned on one side, about 2 minutes; turn.
- Cook to brown other side.
- Remove chicken to baking pan; place in oven to finish cooking, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add onion, red pepper and jalapeño to same skillet over high heat.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add rice and ground red pepper.
- Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Pour in broth.
- Heat to boil.
- Cover; cook until rice is tender, 15 minutes Transfer rice to serving platter.
- Top with chicken.
- Drizzle with remaining lime juice.