Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
This Gouda gravy also makes the perfect cheese sauce for mac and cheese, with just one slight change. When making the cheese sauce use 1 cup of milk instead of using 1/2 milk and 1/2 cup chicken broth (which is what the gravy calls for).
- 8 boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 3 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups gouda cheese
- Season the chicken tenders with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, then whisk in the chicken broth and milk, cook until thicken, 2-3 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the cheese in a figure-right motion until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken topped with the Gouda gravy.