1/5 Photos of Chicken Tenders With Carrots and Broccoli
A mild and creamy chicken curry that kids will like too. The recipe was originally posted on an Austrian cooking site by my friend and fellow chef, Martha Zech. With her permission I am sharing it with the Zaar family. The original title of the dish is "Haehnchen - Geschnetzeltes mit Brokkoli und Karotten". Serve over rice or oriental noodles for a great weeknight dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into strips
- 1 lb broccoli, divided into florets
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tbs butter
- 2 tablespoons good curry powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk, half and half can be substituted
- 4 stalks spring onions, sliced into oblong rings
- salt and pepper, parsley to garnish
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1blanch the carrots and broccoli in a pot of boiling water, 1 -2 minutes, immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water to set the color, drain and set aside.
- 2heat the butter and oil in a heavy, nonstick skillet.
- 3add the chicken strips and sautee for a few minutes until golden brown.
- 4add the flour and curry powder and sautee for a minute while constantly stirring.
- 5deglaze with milk or half and half (use less flour and add chicken broth if using half and half milk) and simmer for @ 6 minutes, add more broth as needed.
- 6add broccoli and carrots, heat through, sprinkle with spring onions.
- 7garnish with parsley or cilantro and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tenders With Carrots and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 378.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 32.5 g