Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light, March 2004. I have made a few subtle changes with the seasoning. This would be nice served with couscous, rice or perhaps even egg noodles.
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves in light syrup, undrained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes.
- Place chicken and breadcrumbs in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2-1/2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Drain apricots in a colander over a bowl; reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Add apricot halves and 1/2 cup reserved liquid to pan; cover and cook 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Wipe pan with paper towels. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, onion powder and spinach; cook 3 minutes or until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Serve spinach with chicken and apricots.
Family liked the chicken but not the spinach - too much lemon juice?
Economical, Fast, and Little clean up?? Can't beat it! I too found this in Cooking Light and had to try it. This is one of the best meals for a weeknight because it is so easy and so fast to make. I made this for a picky girl and she had seconds! She raved about the chicken and ate up spinach like pop eye! This is a great family recipe and something you must try!