Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Yumm I really felt like I was getting away with something when I had these with my WW frenchries!) serving size is 3 chicken fingers and 1 1/2 tbsps barbeque sauce.
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 12 equal strips
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce, hickory flavored preferred
- pre heat oven to 450.
- place a large baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- in a shallow dish, whisk together mustard and buttermilk.
- place breadcrumbs in a seperate dish.
- dip chicken in mustard mixture then into bread crumb mixture.
- remove the hot baking sheet from oven and coat with cooking spray.
- place chicken on baking sheet and bake 6 minutes, flip and bake until golden and all the way cooked, about another 6 minutes.
- serve the chicken tenders with barbeque sauce.
Yummy - for a diet recipe, this is very good! Very simple and great for a quick meal. Thanks for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
I often do oven fried versions to satisfy my desires for comfort food. I let my chicken sit in the buttermilk-honey mustard mix for 10 minutes while the baking sheet heated and prepared the tenders as directed. The preheating was a great idea and made for a good crisp - a tip I will use often in the future. Having tried various coatings, I think breadcrumbs don't appeal to me as much as other options particularly the plain variety. These were a bit on the bland side and I would suggest seasoning the coating for additional flavor, perhaps a pinch of pepper and some onion powder would work well. Thanks! Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game.
I gave these 4 stars. These were so good! What a yummy recipe. My 3 yrs old newphew and I loved these tenders. My 5 yrs old newphew did not. I too had to double the sauce and the breadcrumbs. I made a few other changes to the recipe. I cut my strips into smaller pieces then cut the strips in half to get more strips. I also let my strips marinate in the mustard/buttermilk marinade while I prepared homemade fries. I didn't serve these with the BBQ sauce either. I too forgot to preheat my cookie sheet and they came out great. I also didn't flip my strips and they were still great. I will so have these again. Thanks so much for posting such a yummy recipe. Christine (internetnut)