Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A cheeky chicken to tease the taste buds!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 150 ml sour cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons french/english mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter and fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips and brown lightly.
- Add green and red peppers and mushrooms and stir fry until just done.
- Add apple juice and stock, reduce heat, and simmer until meat is tender and done.
- Stir in sour cream, tomato paste, Worcester sauce, mustard, lemon juice and parsley and mix.
- Blend the flour with a little water to form a paste and stir in.
- Heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pasta or rice.