Recipe by The Daycare Lady
Please everyone in the family with this warm and comforting dish that tastes like a chicken potpie with a Tater Tot crust!—Fran Allen of St. Louis, Missouri From Quick Cooking 2009
Top Review by 2Bleu
This made for a nice quick-cook meal. I made as directed, using a can of veg-all for the vegetables. I seasoned my cubed b/s chicken breasts well with spices and saute'd them. I used one casserole dish for all of the filling and just half a bag of the tots. There is a taste of pot pie here, but we felt it was a bit bland and we missed the crispiness of fried tater tots. Overall, we liked this recipe. Thank you for the opportunity to try it.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups chicken, cubed cooked
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, peas and carrots, and 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).