Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can make these in small flan tins if preferred.
- 4 ounces flour
- salt & pepper
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 ounce lard
- 8 ounces chicken, cold, cooked
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch dried tarragon
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter and lard and mix to a stiff dough with cold water.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured board and use to line a 8 - 9 inch flan tin.
- Prick the base, line with foil and fill with dried beans.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the beans and foil, and return the pastry to the oven for another 5 - 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Put the cream into a small saucepan and heat gently.
- Add chicken, lemon juice and tarragon, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat gently until the chicken is hot, then turn the filling into the pastry case. Serve with salads.