Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can make these in small flan tins if preferred.
Make and share this Chicken Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter and lard and mix to a stiff dough with cold water.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured board and use to line a 8 - 9 inch flan tin.
- Prick the base, line with foil and fill with dried beans.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the beans and foil, and return the pastry to the oven for another 5 - 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Put the cream into a small saucepan and heat gently.
- Add chicken, lemon juice and tarragon, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat gently until the chicken is hot, then turn the filling into the pastry case. Serve with salads.