Recipe by ChipotleChick
Quick, lowfat tarragon chicken breasts in creamy leek sauce. Great for dieters! From Betty Crocker's New Choices Cookbook.
Top Review by luvmybge
This was easy to make. My mom and dad enjoyed it. I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper before cooking. I doubled the leeks and the sauce so we'd have some extra to go over noodles and also used fresh tarragon. (about 1/3 cup because of the doubled sauce) I must confess that I added a 1/4 cup of heavy cream near the end of cooking to make it rich tasting. So much for the 'good for dieters', huh? It was delicious.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup sliced leek (about 2)
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray.
- Cook chicken breasts over medium heat, turning once, about 6-7 minutes per side, or until juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken and keep it warm.
- Cook the leeks about 3 minutes on medium to medium high, until crisp tender, stirring often.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and stir into leeks.
- Bring to a boil, stirring on occasion.
- Boil and stir about 1 minute until thickened slightly.
- Add the chicken and heat through.