Prep 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is from the FOOD column titled Stuffed Fantasy by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend magazine. This is posted in response to a request on the boards for a chicken sandwich filling.
For the sandwich filling
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 chicken breasts, boiled with bay leaves and tarragon
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 pint water
- 1⁄4 ounce butter
For the dressing
- 1 stalk celery, washed and finely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 75 g creme fraiche
- fresh ground black pepper
- Boil the chicken breasts with bay leaves, tarragon and onion.
- Once the breasts are cooked, remove them from heat and allow them to cool.
- Cut them into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Make the dressing by mixing everything listed under"dressing" together.
- Then add the chicken cubes to the dressing.
- Put it in a plastic dish and refrigerate for 4 hours so that the flavours get stronger.
- Use this filling to make sandwiches as required.
The filling and the dressing were delicious - I loved the tarragon flavor. I used sour cream instead of cream fraiche.
This was good - I doubled the recipe and made wraps with the Chicken filling. They were good for dinner, but also made a pretty good breakfast. I had no luck finding the creme fraiche so I used heavy cream that I already had in the house. It worked out fine. Will do this again.