Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious creamy and tangy chicken base with a crunchy grated potato topping.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 750 g skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 30 g butter
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 375 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 20 g melted butter
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the chicken.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat the 30g butter in the pan and add the leek and garlic.
- Cook and stir until the leek is soft.
- Add flour and stir until bubbling.
- Gradually stir in the wine, stock, mustard, lemon juice, sour cream and tarragon.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a 8 cup ovenproof dish.
- Coarsely grate the potatoes and rinse under cold water until water is clear.
- Boil a pot of water and add potatoes.
- Boil for 5 minutes then drain and rinse under cold water.
- Drain again of all excess water.
- Spread the potato over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Brush with the melted butter.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree F (180degree C) oven for 30-45 minutes.
- You want the potato to be nice and brown.
- This dish can be frozen for 2 months.
- To freeze cover the UNBAKED dish with plastic wrap and foil.
- Thaw before baking.