This is a great casserole that is easily doubled. Stacey
Make and share this Chicken, Tarragon and Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a shallow 8 or 9-inch baking dish.
- Slice potatoes thinly and boil in salted water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a medium frying pan.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and fry over a high heat until nicely browned.
- Lower heat and stir in tarragon and half of the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the potatoes in the greased baking dish and pour chicken mixture over top.
- Cover with remaining potatoes.
- Pour remaining cream over top of potatoes and sprinkle with gruyere.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top of casserole is golden.
This was very nice. Also subbed dried for fresh tarragon, 1 tsp dried per 1 Tbsp fresh. I thought there was too much liquid and I had about 1/4 of the potatoes leftover for an 8" casserole.
I hunted high and low for fresh Tarragon without success, succeeding only in leaving a trail of quizzical looks behind me. In the end I substituted 2 Tablespoons of dried Tarragon instead.... We could taste it just fine, but everyone at the table agreed that more would have been even better to give it much a more substantial flavour. It's a great, fairly quick and easy recipe to make and one that I enjoyed *very* much... next time I'll be making this with a summer salad on the side, and it will definiately be on my next buffet menu. Please see my Star rating system.. this recipe gets a very very well deserved four stars. Many Thanks for sharing it !!!