Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my moms recipe... and these things are GOOD!!!!! The ingredients are simple but they taste amazing.
- 2 cups shredded chicken (fine)
- 2⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 32 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine chicken, picante, onion and cumin. Mix well.
- Heat the tortilla in oil and drain on paper towels.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of chicken mix and 1 tablespoon of cheese down the center of each tortilla. Roll tightly.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 for about 18-20 minutes or until crisp.
These were really good and easy to put together. I used Pace Picante sauce and about 1/2 the amount of green onions since my DS's aren't fans. I liked that there was not a ton of filling in the taquitos; my 1yr DS is still getting used to meat textures so a little at a time is perfect. Made for I Recommend Tag.
Yummy! We really enjoyed the flavor and texture of these taquitos. The picante sauce is a wonderful addition to the filling. I served this with some homemade guacamole and sour cream. It was a yummy treat! ~Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef~
Great snack or go-together-on- the-plate when you're having Mexican night for dinner. Couldn't be easier or tastier. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Sstewart. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0