Recipe by mickeydownunder
Saved from local paper, yes, TRUE! When first saw, it JUMPED out at me too! THEN I made it, entertaining one night, Compliments galore after each and every bite! Varied original recipe, as I do, HOPE you will take pleasure in making it too!
Top Review by The Flying Chef
Excellent!!! I served this over saffron and spiced rice and it was the perfect accompaniment. This has wonderful flavours that are different but taste sooo goood together. I did not know what to expect from this, it sounded good, a little unusual, but the end result is outstanding and all I got was yum, this is so good mum. Actually it started right from the point of cooking with "what are we having for dinner it smells awesome." A great recipe and one we will look forward to again real soon.
- 4 chicken breasts (I like to cut mine horizontally in half)
- 300 g natural yoghurt
- 280 g tandoori paste
- 20 g grated ginger
- 20 g crushed garlic
- 400 g passion fruit pulp
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney
- 50 g turkish apricots
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Yogurt, Tandoori Paste, Ginger and Garlic in a bowl.
- Marinade Chicken Breasts for a MINIMUM of 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- ***NOTE:Remove any excess marinade before baking or it will burn!
- Combine Dice Apricots (I like them finely diced) with Passionfruit Pulp and ADD 2 Tablespoons of Fruit Chutney.
- Mix well.
- Drizzle Chutney Sauce over chicken and ENJOY!