1 hr 15 mins
Chicken Tandoori without a tandor oven as presented on America's Test Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare spices. Heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Saute garlic and ginger for 1 minute until fragrant. Add cumin, chilli powder, and garam masala. Stir spices for 30 secs. Take off of heat. Split spice mixture in half into two bowls.
- 2In smaller bowl combine spice mixture with 2 T lime juice and 1 cup yogurt. In a larger bowl combine spice mixture with 2 T lime juice and 2 t salt.
- 3Prepare chicken. Take off skin. Split breasts in half cutting through the bones. Score chicken pieces with two 1/8" cuts on one side per piece. Place chicken into large bowl (salt rub). Work salt into chicken. Set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature. After 30 minutes, pour yogurt over chicken and toss.
- 4Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and place wire rack on top. Place chicken score side down on wire rack and bake for about 22 minutes. Breast meat should register 125 degrees and thigh meat should register 130 degrees. Pull out chicken and turn on broiler. Turn chicken score side up and cook chicken an additional 8-15 minutes depending on broiler. Breast meat will register 165 and thigh meat will register 175 when done.
- 5Let chicken rest 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tandoori (America's Test Kitchen)
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.0
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 272.2 mg
- Sodium 1462.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 84.9 g