Have tried MANY Tandoori recipes, TRUE! This one found on the internet recent too! I think it is AWESOME and easy and can be! Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND to to all and to someone who has never made previously an Indian recipe! Always give credit where credit is due too! This recipe is my "THE ONE" for Tandoori now too! HINT: TIP: Definitely use the red coloring, TRUE! But be careful as it stains easily but doesn't not affect the tasting per se (other than the visual) too! http://panlasangpinoy.com/2010/11/09/how-to-cook-tandoori-chicken/ NOTE: I think it it more than 6 serves I marinated it overnight; not included in prep or cook time Used chicken thighs as thought would be better ....am normally a chicken breast person, but with this recipe, recommend the thighs If you cut serving pieces evenly and pound them, will make consistency in cooking easier too
- 2 lbs chicken, skin removed and cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for chicken and olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Put the chicken in the bowl and coat with the mixture.
- Marinade for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and brush with olive oil.
- Grill until both sides are done.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sliced onions, carrots, and cucumber.
- Serve. Share and Enjoy!