Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is low GL Chicken Tandoori, and very tasty! There is no use of pastes here and even better, the herbs and spices in this dish lend it anti-inflammatory properties. Serve with brown basmati rice and plenty of steamed vegetables. Time does not include 1 hour marinate.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 ounces natural plain yogurt
- sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- Place the chicken pieces in a shallow casserole.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients and spread over the chicken, then cover the dish and place it in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour.
- Bake the chicken in the marinade at 400ºF for about 35–40 minutes until meat is cooked thoroughly. Do not turn.
I made this vegan by using Lightlife chick'n strips and soy yogurt. I used about 3 oz. of the strips and a tablespoon of the yogurt... I didn't really measure the seasonings, just eyeballed it to throw in a pinch of this and a dash of that! I marinated it for just about an hour, but didn't bake it as long, since it was a small amount and the strips weren't "raw" anyway. I paired it with brown rice and some steamed broccoli stir-fry vegetables; it was a lovely intro recipe! Thanks for posting.
This is a great dish! Super tasty and super healthy. Very simple to make just needs time to marinade...great to prep the night before. I also added about 2 tbsp of olive oil to the existing recipe as I wanted to add some healthy fat to the dish.