This is low GL Chicken Tandoori, and very tasty! There is no use of pastes here and even better, the herbs and spices in this dish lend it anti-inflammatory properties. Serve with brown basmati rice and plenty of steamed vegetables. Time does not include 1 hour marinate.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 ounces natural plain yogurt
- sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- Place the chicken pieces in a shallow casserole.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients and spread over the chicken, then cover the dish and place it in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour.
- Bake the chicken in the marinade at 400ºF for about 35–40 minutes until meat is cooked thoroughly. Do not turn.