Grand Prize Winner Heart's Delight Recipe Contest- Senior Division. From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole skinless chicken breasts, split
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cumin seeds or 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- lettuce leaf
- green chili
- lime wedge
- 1Lightly score breasts.
- 2In a small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and whole cumin or caraway- Blend thoroughly.
- 3Using a pastry brush, brush generously over breasts.
- 4Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- 5Place breasts on a non-stick sprayed shallow baking pan and drizzle with melted margarine.
- 6Bake at 500 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes then at 350 degrees until breasts are done, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 7Arrange breasts on lettuce leaves and garlish with chilies, lime wedges and radishes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tandoori
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 154.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 28.3 g