Recipe by Bec
Grand Prize Winner Heart's Delight Recipe Contest- Senior Division. From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
- 4 whole skinless chicken breasts, split
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole cumin seeds or 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- lettuce leaf
- green chili
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly score breasts.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and whole cumin or caraway- Blend thoroughly.
- Using a pastry brush, brush generously over breasts.
- Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Place breasts on a non-stick sprayed shallow baking pan and drizzle with melted margarine.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes then at 350 degrees until breasts are done, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Arrange breasts on lettuce leaves and garlish with chilies, lime wedges and radishes.