1/1 Photo of Chicken Tamale Pie for 2 (Ww Core)
After wondering how Tamale Pie for Two (Ww Core) would work with chicken, I began experimenting and came up with this dish. This is serious comfort food with a Tex-Mex twang. Small serving cooking means grabbing bits of leftovers in the fridge, so I've included a couple of ingredient options.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 59.14 ml onion, small dice
- 29.58 ml green peppers or 29.58 ml red peppers, small dice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml fat free chicken broth
- 85.04 g cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (comes to a loose 3/4 cup) or 85.04 g cooked boneless skinless chicken thighs, shredded or diced small (comes to a loose 3/4 cup)
- 59.14 ml fat free chicken broth
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 78.07 ml canned pinto beans or 78.07 ml black beans or 78.07 ml red beans or 78.07 ml kidney bean, rinsed and drained
- 118.29 ml canned diced tomato, measure with juice
- 118.29 ml frozen corn
- 44.37 ml yellow cornmeal (divided)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml nonfat milk or 118.29 ml low-fat milk
- 1 egg white
- 29.58 ml soy cheddar cheese (optional) or 29.58 ml cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare a non-stick skillet, with a light coating of cooking spray. Add the onions and green peppers and cook for a minute. Add 1 tablespoon of broth and cook an additional 2 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- 3Add the shredded chicken, chili powder, cumin and broth and stir until the broth is heated. Now add the tomatoes, corn, beans and 1/2 tablespoon of corn meal. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Transfer to a one quart casserole.
- 4Place the milk, cornmeal and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a light boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir frequently until you have a thickened mush. Alternately, you can cook the ingredients in a microwave and cook for 2 and 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 5In a small bowl beat the egg whites by hand until foamy. Slowly add in the corn meal, stirring to make sure it does not scramble the egg. Add the soy cheese/cheese if using.
- 6Top the casserole with the cornmeal mush.
- 7Place the casserole on a cookie sheet to catch drips and place in the oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes the top should be puffed and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tamale Pie for 2 (Ww Core)
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.6 mg
- Sodium 524.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 22.4 g