Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This started out a long time ago as a recipe from Peg Bracken's cookbook I HATE TO COOKBOOK. I have made changes in the recipe as I go along with good results, (I think)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped (I used garlic in a jar)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, franks or 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups milk, i use 1%
- 2 cups cream-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet heat vegetable oil and saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add chicken breasts and chop them up into small pieces as they brown.
- Add salt, chili powder, Ro-tel tomatoes, and hot sauce, stir well and cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cornmeal, milk and cook for 15 minutes, stir frequently.
- Add both types of corn and mix well.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray, pour in mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until golden brown.