1 hr 30 mins
This started out a long time ago as a recipe from Peg Bracken's cookbook I HATE TO COOKBOOK. I have made changes in the recipe as I go along with good results, (I think)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped (I used garlic in a jar)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, franks or 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups milk, i use 1%
- 2 cups cream-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large skillet heat vegetable oil and saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- 2Add chicken breasts and chop them up into small pieces as they brown.
- 3Add salt, chili powder, Ro-tel tomatoes, and hot sauce, stir well and cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in cornmeal, milk and cook for 15 minutes, stir frequently.
- 5Add both types of corn and mix well.
- 6Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray, pour in mixture.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 579.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 21.4 g