Recipe by ffjeff4
We came up with this recipe in the Firehouse. It's quickly became one of our favorites. It comes out with the taste of homemade tamales without all the trouble. Try it you won't be disappointed.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
Great Tex Mex casserole! I didn't want to go to the store, so I used Recipe #345502 and made the enchilada sauce from Recipe #58503 (neat recipe since it basically uses water and spices). My husband and I LOVED this dish and I will be sure to make it often. Recipe #212572 was a great topping for it. Thanks ffjeff for a great recipe and being a firefighter! Roxygirl
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canned creamed corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy or Martha White)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) canned red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Combine 1/2 Cheese and next 7 ingredients (through Chill's) in a large bowl,Stir until blended.
- Pour mixture into a 13X9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until set.
- Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork and then pour enchilada sauce covering top.
- Top with shredded chicken and remaining cheese.
- Bake again at 400 degrees for 15 minutes remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes cut up and serve with sour cream.