1/1 Photo of Chicken Tahini Salad With Pine Nuts on Mini Pita Rounds
If mini pita breads are unavailable in your area, split larger pita breads horizontally in half and cut out smaller pita rounds using a 3-inch-diameter biscuit cutter. You can streamline the process by preparing both the chicken salad and the toasted pita rounds one day in advance. Taken from professional-cooking.com for ZWT.
My Private Note
pita ro ...
Units: US | Metric
- 20 pita breads, cut horizontally in half (mini - 2-3 inch diameter)
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (packed)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups shredded skinned cooked chicken (from two 2-pound roast chickens)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Brush cut side of pita bread rounds lightly with olive oil; arrange rounds on heavy large baking sheet.
- 3Bake until crisp and golden, about 6 minutes; cool pita rounds.
- 4Mince garlic in food processor.
- 5Add tahini, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and lemon peel; blend well.
- 6With machine running, gradually add 1/2 cup water, blending until mixture is smooth and thick.
- 7Mix in 1/2 cup chopped cilantro; season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Place chicken in large bowl.
- 9Mix in 1 1/2 cups sauce, 1/4 cup cilantro, and remaining lemon juice (reserve remaining sauce for another use).
- 10Season chicken salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Can be made 1 day ahead. Store pita rounds in an airtight container at room temperature. Cover chicken salad and refrigerate.
- 12To serve:.
- 13Spoon generous 1 tablespoon chicken salad atop each pita round.
- 14Arrange on platter. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Sprinkle with pine nuts and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tahini Salad With Pine Nuts on Mini Pita Rounds
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 352.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 15.1 g