1/1 Photo of Chicken Tagine With Lemon and Olives
1 hr 30 mins
This combination of cooking-methods allows the food to slow-cook from all directions to make a perfect, fragrant casserole with exotic flavours. It is a one pan meal; you brown your meat in the same pan that you cook and follow the direction.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, halved (about 12)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Combine juice and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 2Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- 3Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- 4Dredge in flour; sprinkle with salt, black pepper, turmeric, and red pepper.
- 5Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet with high sides over medium-high heat.
- 6Add half of chicken; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 7Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- 8Add onion, ginger, and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to pan.
- 9Add broth, olives, rind, potatoes, cinnamon stick, apricots and almonds; bring to a boil.
- 10Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Discard the cinnamon stick; stir in parsley.
- 11Serve with couscous.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tagine With Lemon and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.4
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 413.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth