Marilyn Rob's Note:
A very tasty, tangy chicken dish from Morocco. The extra time for marinating is worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken, quartered, backbone removed
- 1 1/2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1Finely chop garlic, cilantro and parsley in food processor.
- 2Transfer to bowl. Add onions, lemon juice, olive oil,.
- 3Paprika, lemon peel, ground cumin, salt, pepper, and saffron.
- 4Mix well. Pour over chicken in pan. Cover well and refrigerate for
- 5Up to 24 hours. (a minimum of 3 hours).
- 6Preheat oven to 400. Add 1 ½ c water. Cover and bake until chicken is cooked through (1 hour).
- 7Serve on platter with juices.
Browse Our Top Moroccan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Moroccan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tagine With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.2
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 181.1 mg
- Sodium 1060.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 48.2 g