Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Haven't tried this. Saving it on Zaar before I lose the recipe.
- 250 g dried garbanzo beans
- 8 chicken legs
- 2 red capsicums
- 4 chilies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup water
- Soak chick peas over night in cold water. Boil in clean water til cooked (approx 45 mins) drain, allow to cool and remove skin by pinching them between fingers.
- Remove stalks, white bit aqnd seeds from capsicums and chillies.
- HYeat oil in a large tagine, add the garlic, tumeric, caynne pepper, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add chicken stirring for 15 minutes tileven golden brown.
- Add chick peas, peppers and water.
- Cover and bring to the boil, lower heat and cook 45 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer approx 10 m;inutes or until sauce is thick and creamy.
- Serve very hot in the tangine.