Recipe by weekend cooker
Light and tasty recipe. The pineapple and mango burst with flavor to these tacos.
Top Review by breezermom
This is a fresh, bright summertime meal! It is perfect when the temperatures are hot and steamy. I doubled the recipe with no problems. I made as posted, except I subbed green onions for the red. Next time I make this I will grill the chicken ahead of time and also grill the pineapple. I think I'd love that smoky taste. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic seasoning, blend
- 8 (6 inch) warmed tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- For pico de gallo, in a small bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, cilantro, onion, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken, cumin, seasoning blend, and the remaining salt, until heated through.
- Spoon 1/4 cup onto each tortilla, and fold in sides.
- Serve with pico de gallo.