Recipe by gailanng
My two favorite chile powders=ancho and chipotle. Also, be sure to use the corn tortillas as I think it adds extra flavor.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder (to taste) or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- cooking spray or vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 ripe peeled avocado, diced
- 2 cups packaged angel hair Coleslaw
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Cotija cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with chile powder, garlic, cumin and salt. Coat pan with cooking spray or vegetable oil. Add chicken to pan; cook about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
- Combine zest, 1 tablespoon juice and next 3 ingredients (through avocado) in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon juice, 1/2 teaspoon honey, coleslaw, green onions, cilantro, oil and salt, tossing to coat.
- Heat tortillas according to directions. Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon avocado mixture, 1/4 cup slaw mixture and shredded cojita cheese.