Recipe by Amanda Beth
Recipe from 400 Calorie Fix. According to the author, each serving has 340 calories, 3 g total fat, 53 carbohydrates, 8 g dietary fiber, and 33 g protein. This recipe requires at least 1 hour of marinating time, which is included in prep time.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 limes, peel only (grate the peel)
- 3 limes, juice only
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded leaf lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together lime peel, juice of 2 limes, orange juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 tablespoon garlic, and cumin. Place into plastic bag or dish and add chicken. Marinate for at least one hour and up to four hours.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and place cut side down on a baking sheet. Place peppers on a baking sheet. Broil until tomatoes and pepper skins are charred, turning so all sides char. Remove from heat and tent with foil. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Remove and discard seeds from peppers. Finely chop and add to medium size bowl .Gently squeeze tomatoes to remove seeds. Coarsley chop and add to bowl. Stir in scallions, juice of 1 lime, salt, remaining cilantro and garlic.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray. Cook onion slices over medium heat until they begin to soften (about 3 minutes). Remove chicken from marinade and cut into 1 inch strips. Add to skillet and cook for about 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Serve chicken with warm tortillas, charred tomato salsa and shredded lettuce.