Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A twist on the regular taco Source: Better Homes and Gardens http://www.bhg.com
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- 12 taco shells
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender.
- Stir in the chicken, tomato sauce, and chile peppers. Heat through.
- Divide chicken mixture among taco shells. Top with lettuce, tomato, and cheese.