Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I enjoyed these at a sunday brunch in Orlando Florida. Could never find a simular recipe. So, I concoted my own. Not quite as good, but, close.
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 medium onion (chopped coarse)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tomatoes (peeled, seeded & chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 dozen taco shell
- Reserve 1/4 of the chopped tomato for garnish.
- Saute the onion in olive oil with basil, salt and pepper.
- Add chopped tomato, marinara sauce, chicken stock and seasonings.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook til the liquid is reduced and the mixture thickens.
- Bake, or fry the shells in hot oil, til crisp.
- To build the taco-- spoon some cheese into the bottom of a shell, add some of the meat mixture, fill the rest of the shell with lettuce and add chopped tomato for garnish.
- You can also add some sour cream or quacomole to top it off with an extra flavor.