Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Spanish tacos--very, very good.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons goya adobo seasoning
- 1 (1 teaspoon) package sazon goya
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 1 limes, juice of or 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of goya sofrito sauce
- 0.5 (2 tablespoon) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- Adobo seasoning, sazon, and sofrito are items you should be able to find in your local food store. If not, try any Spanish store.
- Boil 2 cups of water or enough to cover chicken breast. Add 1 large spoon of sofrito, 1 tbs of adobo, 1 pack of sazon and 3-4 chicken breasts and about 1/2 a lime or lime juice. Boil for about 45 minute or until chicken will be easy to shred.
- Drain chicken breast and let it cool. Then start shredding chicken (I use my hands or 2 forks).
- Put the shredded chicken back into the pot at medium heat and add about 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 can of tomato sauce, 1 teaspoon of adobo, 1/2 lime and stir. Keep adding a little adobo and lime to your liking of the taste. Let simmer for about 20 minutes or until most of the juice has evaporated.
- Fried Tortillas:.
- Use your favorite kind of corn tortillas (I like the white corn tortillas, they are easier to fry).
- In a medium frying pan add 1/2 cup of oil (vegetable or corn oil).
- Put 1 tortilla in a at a time, let it get hard on one side, then flip to other side and right before it gets hard, fold in half and remove from oil and let it drain.
- Add your cheese, lettuce, tomato and other good stuff you like on your tacos. Enjoy!