Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
*Needs to marinate 8 hours or overnite* I haven't seen a Chicken Taco recipe quite like this posted, so I thought I'd share. I found this while searching for diabetic recipes.
- 78.07 ml olive oil or 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley or 4.92 ml dried parsley flakes, minced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds)
- 6 (48 inch) flour tortillas or 6 (48 inch) taco shells, warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Seal or cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Cut into thin strips; serve in tortillas or taco shells with desired toppings.
Best chicken tacos Ive ever had! I've made them 4 times already!
The marinade is slap-yo-mama good. It has so many good things going on with it. Also used the same marinade with shrimp minus the lime ('cause lime cooks the shrimp, don't want a ceviche). Also, for authentic eating, I used corn tortillas, topped it with cilantro, minced unyun, and a squirt of lime juice. This is a keeper.
The only reason I give it 4 stars is because I didn't try it (I'm a vegetarian). It was clearly a winner with 4 boys aged 7-10 and 44 years old. They devoured it and my "picky eater" commented on the sweetness/tanginess of the lime. I only marinated for 3 hours and didn't measure anything but used all liquids/spices included in the recipe. I'll definitely make this again and actually measure and wait overnight. I'm not the best about pre-planning!