Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
*Needs to marinate 8 hours or overnite* I haven't seen a Chicken Taco recipe quite like this posted, so I thought I'd share. I found this while searching for diabetic recipes.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas or 6 (8 inch) taco shells, warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Seal or cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Cut into thin strips; serve in tortillas or taco shells with desired toppings.
Best chicken tacos Ive ever had! I've made them 4 times already!
The marinade is slap-yo-mama good. It has so many good things going on with it. Also used the same marinade with shrimp minus the lime ('cause lime cooks the shrimp, don't want a ceviche). Also, for authentic eating, I used corn tortillas, topped it with cilantro, minced unyun, and a squirt of lime juice. This is a keeper.
My son is disable and tacos are difficult to eat...so I turned this into a taco salad with a lime vinaigrette! Yummy. After making this a couple of times, we decided we would like a little salt in the marinade...so added that and it was perfect for us! Thanks for the great recipe. It is now a permanent part of our rotation...so refreshing and light.