Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my own creation. One of my husband's favorites.
- 6 flour tortillas
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup diced sweet onion
- 4 tablespoons salsa or 1 large diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- fat free sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken pieces, salt and pepper, and onion and cook over med-high heat for about 20 minutes. (Until chicken is cooked through).
- Shred chicken.
- Add Salsa (or tomato) and cheese and mix together.
- Take a 1/6 of the mixture and put onto flour tortilla.
- Roll tortilla tightly and secure with toothpick.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add the tortillas to oil, turn to brown on all sides.
- Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with sour cream and lettuce.
We loved this recipe! I made it exactly as written and though, at first, didn't know why to cut the chicken breast halves into 3 pieces, it became apparent when shredding the cooked chicken...it's much easier when it's in smaller pieces. I love simple, quick, easy, delicious dishes and this one fits the bill entirely. My daughter and husband loved it, this will be repeated at my house! Thanks for posting this recipe Chef 4three!
I had been searching for a good yet simple taco recipe and finally found it with this one. My husband doesn't like mexican food like I do but ended up loving these tacos and having 2nds. Only changes I made were that I used regular corn tortilla shells which I fried myself and green onions instead of the sweet which is what I had on hand. I never would have thought the chicken would get so much flavor from the onions baked this way but it sure did. Also, the salsa mixed with the cheese was superb! I chopped a medium tomato and added 1 TBS of salsa. This is one of those rare simple, yet fabulous, recipes! Thanks for posting!