Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
If chicken has been refrigerated, reheat in 300F oven while you're heating the taco shells or spray a skillet with nonstick spray and stir-saute chicken. If you like, sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning or chili powder to taste. Number of servings assumes 2 tacos per serving.
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or a mixture)
- 12 taco shells
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup light sour cream
- chopped green chili (optional)
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs cheese in bottom of each taco shell and warm in 300° oven 5 minutes.
- Mix chicken with salsa and avocado.
- Put lettuce in taco shells, then chicken mixture, then sour cream.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped green chilis over the top.
This makes an easy and delicious meal. I prepared these for lunch using cheddr cheese and mixed some taco seasoning with the chicken for a little extra flavor. A wonderful use for leftover chicken.
This was very easy and good. I used regular corn tortillas instead of taco shells and otherwise followed the directions. This would be great to use up a rotisserie chicken. No taco or chili powder needed, as this was very flavorful on its own. Thanks for another great recipe echo!
Delicious,easy recipe I used left over turkey breast recipe #53026 & made the tacos as stated. Using a mixture of the cheeses. We loved the addition of the sour cream. I will be making this yummy recipe often. Thank you so very much for posting!