Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wraps, wraps, wraps. So many of them can be frozen and used for a quick lunck, snack, or lite dinner. You may want to play with the ingredients but this is what I've come up with so far!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups salsa (any heat you like)
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 4 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 8 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Combine chicken, water, salsa and seasonings in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rice, and simmer on for 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into center of tortillas. Add cheese if you want it and wrap.
- Flash freeze.
- To reheat: microwave until heated through.
These are SO good. I wrap them up like burritos. We call them chicken/rice burritos....wraps sound too healthy for the DH. I have made large batches twice now and they are all gone. I use whole grain tortillas and brown rice to make it a bit on the healthier side. I add hot sauce to mine when I eat them because I need more of a kick....but they are perfect for DH as is.
I tried this the other day but have yet to try it out of the freezer. It was a very simple recipe and I like the rice filling for spanish rice much more than one I found on this site. It make a spicy rice (the other one was missing a little bit of kick) and will do double duty when making these wraps and then a tasty side dish. Can't wait to try the ones I made and have up in the freezer.