Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe from a couple others I had seen to fit my family better.
Make and share this Chicken Taco Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups canned tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces green chilies, drained
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 ounce monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- 4 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- Cut chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Cook chicken and garlic in large saucepan until chicken browns.
- Add tomatoes, broth, green chilies, corn and chili powder.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 500.
- Cut tortilla into small bite size strips.
- Place strips on baking sheet and bake for 2-4 minutes or until strips brown.
- Check strips often to make sure they don't overcook.
- Set strips aside to cool.
- To serve soup: ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl of soup with 1/4 of the tortilla strips, 1/4 oz cheese, 1 T cilantro, 2 tbsp green onions and 1 tbsp sour cream.
This was awesome! I'm putting it into my regular line-up of fall and winter soups - very easy to put together and warms you from the inside out. For me, the cilantro absolutely makes this soup and I wouldn't skip it! I'll be making again, thanks for this light, easy, quick soup. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2008.