1/1 Photo of Chicken Taco Soup
I adapted this recipe from a couple others I had seen to fit my family better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 cups canned tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces green chilies, drained
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 ounce monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 4 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1Cut chicken into small bite size pieces.
- 2Cook chicken and garlic in large saucepan until chicken browns.
- 3Add tomatoes, broth, green chilies, corn and chili powder.
- 4Simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 5Meanwhile preheat oven to 500.
- 6Cut tortilla into small bite size strips.
- 7Place strips on baking sheet and bake for 2-4 minutes or until strips brown.
- 8Check strips often to make sure they don't overcook.
- 9Set strips aside to cool.
- 10To serve soup: ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls.
- 11Top each bowl of soup with 1/4 of the tortilla strips, 1/4 oz cheese, 1 T cilantro, 2 tbsp green onions and 1 tbsp sour cream.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 1310.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 28.5 g