1/3 Photos of Chicken Taco Slaw Salad
This was one of my entries for RSC#13. The delicious homemade French-Salsa dressing makes this taco chicken salad stand out from all the rest. This main dish salad could be made earlier in the day and chilled. Or, if you prefer your chicken warmed, saute the chicken just before you are ready to eat. It takes very little time to make this satisfying meal for your family. Serving size will vary depending on your appetites. It will make approximately 2 cups of salad dressing so you may have some left over depending on how much dressing your guests like on their salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/8 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (medium or mild depending on taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning or 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) bags broccoli slaw mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup canned corn, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, remove stems and chop
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2-1 cup fresh cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- tortilla chips, for serving
- sour cream (optional)
- cheese (optional)
- 1For dressing, combine the first 8 ingredients, making sure to mix very well.
- 2Add the salsa and combine well.
- 3Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to use (make sure you stir or shake the dressing before serving).
- 4In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 T-2 T olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 5In a medium-sized bowl or plastic ziploc bag, add chicken, cumin, barbecue seasoning, cayenne pepper, if using, sea salt and black pepper; shake to coat chicken.
- 6Toss the chicken mixture in the skillet and cook until nicely browned and it is no longer pink in the middle, about 10-15 minutes.
- 7In large salad bowl, add broccoli slaw and then layer the beans, chickpeas, corn, cilantro, onions, tomatoes, cumcumber and chicken.
- 8Squeeze the juice of the lime over the entire salad.
- 9Top with the amount of dressing you prefer (you may not want all of the dressing on the salad, depending on your taste).
- 10Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Taco Slaw Salad
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.2
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 1077.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 37.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: