Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Trying to reduce sugar carbs and still have a great salad. The dressing for this is slightly spicy and delicious! If you can afford the carbs you can toss in a 15 oz can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- jalapeno juice, from the pickled jalapenos if desired to thin dressing a bit and add extra spice, about 1 teaspoon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (chopped)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tomatoes (diced)
- 0.5 (12 1/2 ounce) cool ranch Doritos (crushed)
- Grill chicken until no longer pink. Remove from heat and slice.
- Place dressing ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until blended. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients.
- Add chicken.
- Add dressing and toss well to mix.
- Add Doritos to salad (or serve on the side to minimize carbs).
- Toss and serve immediately.
This didn't really do it for me. The dressing was too bland. I had to dress it up by adding medium salsa, garlic salt, and extra of the spices already listed. After all those additions, it wasn't too bad, but still not great.