1/1 Photo of Chicken Taco Rice
Kim D.'s Note:
This is my Mom's recipe. It's really good, plus it's easy to prepare when you don't have a lot of time to cook dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut in strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed and drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1 1/2 cups original Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in hot oil until lightly browned.
- 2Add water, tomato sauce and seasoning mix.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Add corn and red bell pepper.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Stir in rice.
- 8Cover; remove from heat.
- 9Let stand 5 minutes.
- 10Fluff rice with a fork.
- 11Sprinkle top with cheese.
- 12Serve with tortilla chips or hot floured tortillas, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Taco Rice
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.0
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.5 mg
- Sodium 429.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix